"LE PORTRAIT DE LA JEUNE AMERICAINE"
OIL ON CANVAS, SIGNED, TITLED
FRANCE, DATED 1991
31 X 31 INCHES
Élisabeth Chabin was born of Parisian parents at her grandparents' home in Auxerre, France in 1944.
She spent the first seven years of her life in Auxerre before joining her parents in Paris.
She attended the National School of Fine Arts of the city of Paris where she wrote her thesis on the popular arts allowing her to teach, as of 1965, as a professor of state of plastic arts. In the late 1960s, she did an internship at the Maison Pellerin ( Imagerie d'Épinal ) where she devoted herself to creation in the applied arts .
She painted themes including the human body, nudes, entwined couples, trees.
Her sources of inspiration can be found in several stays she made in Morocco where the discovery of the desert directs her pictorially towards "a a denser material that catches the eye ".
- Regional Contemporary Art Center of the Chateau de Tremblay, Fontenoy (Yonne) , 1974, 1978.
- House of Culture Nevers , 1976.
- Galerie Saint-Michel, Luxembourg , 1980, 1981.
- Camille Renault Gallery, Paris, 1983.
- Arcadia Gallery, Paris, November 1984 2 .
- Galerie Janine Lorcet, rue de Lappe , Paris, 1985, November 1986 4 .
- Kiroj Gallery, Saint-Germain-en-Laye , May 1988 5
- Dannenberg Gallery, 484 Broome Street, New York , November-December 1989 6 , February-March 1991, October-November 1991, 1992.
- Galerie Gaspard-Melchior, Paris, December 1989 7 .
- Galerie Christine Weinmann, rue des Jardins-Saint-Paul , Paris, 1989, October 1990, 1991, March-April 1992 8 .
- CCC Gallery, Paris, 1993.
- Galerie Christine Colas, Paris, June 1994 9 .
- Galerie Saint-Eman, Chartres , August-September 1995 3 , 10 .
- The Sketch (Élisabeth Benoit), Geneva , 1995.
- Galerie Arte-Viva, Levallois-Perret , December 1997.
- The power of the image - Works of Élisabeth Chabin , Kalari 7, city ??of Roquette , Paris, January-February 2015.
- The Gallery, rue Saint-André-des-Arts , Paris, 1978.
- UFPS Salon, Grand Palais , Paris, 1979, 1986.
- Tamara Pfeffer Gallery, Brussels , 1982.
- Montrouge Contemporary Art Fair , 1983.
- Salon of Young Painting , Grand Palais, Paris, 1985.
- Marie-Papier exhibition , Paris, 1987.
- International Fair of Los Angeles , 1988.
- Free Art International (Bellay gallery stand), Paris, 1988.
- The Salon of Parisian Artists , Della Butcher Gallery, Cuppage Road, Singapore , September 1988 11 .
- Borneo , Kuwait , 1988.
- Traveling exhibition (Christine Colas gallery organization), Moscow , Odessa , Alma-Ata , Yerevan , Leningrad , Kiev , Tallinn , Tvov, 1989-1991.
- Saga FIAC prints , Grand Palais , Paris, 1989.
- International Fair, New York, 1990.
- OPATTI of Tahiti , Papeete (organized by the Ministry of Culture), 1990.
- Vogt Gallery, Frankfurt , 1990.
- Eleven Parisian Artists in Singapore , Gallery of the Oriental Hotel, Singapore, March 1991 12 .
- Martine Brasseur Gallery, Reims , 1991.
- From camembert to contemporary art - Arman , César , Élisabeth Chabin, Christoff Debusschere , Renaud Ditte, Jean-Michel Folon , Charles Matton , Louis Pons , Wilhelm Schlote (of) , Roland Topor , Nicolas Valabrègue ... , AT gallery, rue de Sévigné , Paris, June 1991 (itinerant extension in the United States ) 13 , 14 .
- Fine Art International, New York, 1991.
- Dannenberg Gallery, New York, 1993.
- Galerie Phal, Paris, 1995, March 1996.
- Comparisons Exhibition , Paris, 1995.
- Projection Gallery, Paris, 1996.
- An invitation to poise - Marie-José de Aguiar and Élisabeth Chabin , The Laboratory, 34, rue Dauphine, Paris, November-December 2017.